Thursday, June 2, 2011

Architectural Salvage!

I ADORE architectural salvage!

I don't know what there is about these forgotten little pieces of history but they make me weak in the knees!

Perhaps it's because, even with all their imperfections...and indeed BECAUSE of their imperfections...we love them still and they still have a purpose in our lives! Wouldn't the world be a better place if we felt that way about people??!

Here are some fabulous examples on Etsy of some of my FAVORITES salvaged pieces!

I have a theory that EVERYTHING in the entire world was ONCE painted this color!



Who can resist a big fat acorn finial? NOT ME!


These ceiling tiles are to die for!


lovely old corbels


porch balister


antique pediment


column header


lovely old mirror....probably from a dresser


ceiling medallion


hardware....MY FAVORITE!


People do some lovely things with these old pieces and I want to see YOURS! ANYTHING old that has been salvaged, rescued, or recycled...Send it to me! Furniture, wall decor, racks, display pieces, jewelry...ANYTHING!

Just email me photos and a short description and I'll put you on my blog! Be sure to include a link to your website if you'd like!

noblestudiosltd@london.com

Here's a few of my jewelry pieces where I have used antique hardware!

ENJOY!






If you want to see more just go to:

Noble Studios Ltd. on Etsy

Stay tuned for more TOMORROW! Have a lovely day!


Faithfully yours,
Violette Noble

No comments: