Monday, November 8, 2010

Sweet Poem!

Good Morning everyone!

I was cleaning out a closet today and found a lot of baby things! This poem was hand written and pressed in a baby book. It touched me so I thought I'd share it with you!

It's called,


"Day old Child"

My day old child lay in my arms,
with my lips against his ear.
I whispered strongly, “How I wish,
I wish that you could hear.

I’ve a hundred wonderful things to say,
(a tiny cough and a nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow,
So I can tell you about God.

My day old baby’s mouth was still,
and my words only tickled his ear,
but a kind of light passed through his eyes
and I saw this thought appear:

“How I wish I had a voice and words.
I’ve a hundred things to say,
Before I forget I’d tell you of God,
I left him yesterday.”

Carol Lynn Pearson


Have a WONDERFUL day!

Faithfully yours,
Violette Noble

Noble Studios Ltd. on Etsy

No comments: